Commercial Sprinkler System Repair Experts in Denver, Colorado
The first impression your customers get of your Denver, Colorado building are from the exterior as they drive up. If the grass is brown and dry and the plants are wilting and dead, it's not going to give anyone a good feeling about your business. In fact, it may actually dissuade people from doing business with you. After all, if you don't care enough to take care of your landscaping, you may take the same approach with your customers. Of course, that's not how you operate, it's just that your sprinkler system isn't working right and you haven't taken care of it yet. If your commercial sprinkler system is in need of repair, let our expert sprinkler system repair team fix the problem so your property is as lush and green as it can possibly be.
Common Sprinkler System Problems
Sprinkler systems, also called irrigation systems by the pros, are prone to a few common issues. Some sprinkler system repair issues are fairly easy to fix, while others require a bit more skill and training to find and repair.
Sprinkler Head Issues
The sprinkler heads are an important component of your commercial sprinkler system. Once the water reaches the head, it releases the water over the specified area in a controlled manner. If there's an issue with one, or more, of your sprinkler heads you'll encounter dry spots, puddles, or other issues. Common sprinkler head issues include:
- Missing or Broken Sprinkler Heads - This can happen for a variety of reasons. Perhaps a lawnmower or other vehicle drove over the head and broke it, or knocked it off. Either way, we'll come out and replace the missing or broken sprinkler head as soon as possible to avoid additional issues.
- Clogged Sprinkler Heads - Sand, dirt, and other debris can settle into your sprinkler heads, clogging the openings so water cannot escape. A good indication of a clog is a puddle around the sprinkler head. We will inspect each of your sprinkler heads and clean them as needed to ensure proper operation.
Water Pressure Problems
Another common issue with sprinkler systems is the lack of water pressure. If this is the case, you may notice that your sprinkler heads don't pop up or that they spray very little water when they're active. There are a number of things that can cause water pressure problems within your irrigation system including the following.
- Malfunctioning Backflow Device - The most common water pressure issue we encounter with sprinkler systems is the backflow device. In some cases, the water valves or backflow device aren't turned all the way on. We'll inspect the device and make sure that it's functioning properly for you.
- Water Pipe Leak - An underground leak will keep water from making its way to all of the sprinkler heads. You may notice that the ground is soggy, or that the water is gurgling up. Our technicians will locate the leak and repair the water line, ensuring you're not wasting water and your lawn is watered.
- Compressed Water Line - If there's no indication of a leak, the problem with your water pressure may be due to a compressed water line. Tree roots, compacted soil, or a vehicle driving over can cause this problem. We'll locate the compression, repair the damage and get your sprinkler system working again.
Sprinkler Zone Problems
A variety of sprinkler system repair issues can happen with the sprinkler zones within your irrigation system. If none of the zones are operating, it could mean that there's an electrical issue, or a faulty valve. The only way to know for sure is to have an irrigation expert troubleshoot and locate the problem and to make the necessary repairs. Other common sprinkler zone issues include:
- A Single Inactive Zone - Insufficient voltage, damage or disconnected wires, or a faulty solenoid may cause a sprinkler zone to go offline. Finding the problem involves testing the voltage, inspecting the wiring, and checking the solenoid. Our technicians have the experience, tools, and equipment to locate and resolve these issues. We'll replace the faulty parts and get your sprinkler system up and running.
- Multiple Inactive Zones - When more than one of your sprinkler zones isn't working right, the problem generally lies within the transformer that supplies power to the controller. Our irrigation experts will check the voltage to determine whether this is the problem. If so, we'll replace the transformer and test the system to ensure that everything is once again operating smoothly.
- Zone Valve Leaks - Leaks around the zone valves are a waste of water and have to be addressed quickly. We'll inspect the zone valves and determine the exact cause of the problem for you. In some cases, a repair may be as simple as tightening the screws that hold the valve cover to the body. Other times, a torn or damaged diaphragm valve or cracked valve body must be replaced to solve the issue.
- Leaky Sprinkler Heads - There are a couple of reasons you'll spring a leak at the sprinkler head furthest from the zone valve. A dirty or damaged sprinkler head is the most obvious. A worn out, damaged, or improperly installed zone valve are also common issues. We'll figure out what the problem is, make the repairs and test your system to make sure everything is working as it should.
Inaccurate Sprinkler Spray
The purpose of your sprinkler system is to keep your landscape watered so it stays lush, green, and attractive. If the water is being sprayed onto the sidewalks, parking areas, and buildings, your landscape isn't benefiting. Some areas may become over-watered, while other spots don't receive adequate water. We'll evaluate your current sprinkler system and install new, directional sprinkler heads that will keep the water where it's needed.
Snow & Ice Management
Weather is no match for CoCal's snow and ice management. Open your doors as soon as possible after a snowstorm with fast snow removal and ice patrol services. We can help keep your parking lot and walkways clear and accessible during winter.
Sprinkler System Repair Experts in Denver, Colorado
At CoCal Landscape, we understand how important it is to keep your costs low. We're also water conservationists and we know that reducing your water usage is of the utmost importance. All of our services, from designing and installing new sprinkler systems to making repairs and annual maintenance are based on these principles and we work hard to ensure all of our customers are happy and satisfied. If you're experiencing sprinkler system problems in Denver, CO, don't let the problem get too bad before you call for help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained technicians and we'll work with you to get your sprinkler system operating at peak performance.
We Are Hiring Landscape Contractors