Use Weathermatic SmartLink for Convenient Sustainability in Denver, CO
Keeping your commercial landscape beautiful is no small task when you're faced with Colorado's arid climate. For over 20 years, CoCal Landscape has partnered with businesses in the Denver area to create beautiful sustainable commercial landscapes that are easy to maintain. Evolving technology continues to be a useful tool in this area, and we're proud to share a new convenient irrigation management tool with our valued clients.
The Weathermatic SmartLink system is a cloud-based network that gives you immediate access to every element of your irrigation system. This control can help you save water in a variety of ways. With real-time updates, you can make simple programming changes or even shut down your irrigation system if an emergency occurs.
Weathermatic SmartLink Features
SmartLink is more than a water conservation tool. It's a complete water management system that will lower your water bill, increase your landscape's beauty, and help you avoid damage to your system. The Weathermatic SmartLink system has a host of easy-to-use convenient features that can save you time and money while keeping your commercial landscape in top shape.
Cloud-based Irrigation Management
SmartLink users can gain access to the network with any device that connects to the internet. This means you can control your irrigation system from your smartphone no matter where you are. A clean easy-to-use dashboard makes programming and controlling your system amazingly simple, and you can consistently monitor how much water you save.
Secure Reliable Access
Cloud-based access means you can review your information and make changes to your system anytime anywhere. Data is sent securely from the controller to the cloud where you can get access from your phone, tablet, computer, or other device. No passwords are shared, and access is reliable no matter where you are.
On-Site Weather Station
The weather station tracks real-time local weather changes to keep water usage on track. On-site hardware relays settings and programs to control zones and watering schedules. The weather station even has the ability to automatically make weather-based changes to the watering schedule.
The Weathermatic SmartLink works in more ways than one to conserve water. Instead of simply slowing water flow in certain areas, SmartLink uses a variety of techniques to save water daily. With the ability to avoid overwatering, catch problems in real-time, and keep up with current weather conditions and seasonal changes, you reduce water usage throughout the year.
Snow & Ice Management
Weather is no match for CoCal's snow and ice management. Open your doors as soon as possible after a snowstorm with fast snow removal and ice patrol services. We can help keep your parking lot and walkways clear and accessible during winter.
Weathermatic SmartLink Benefits
While SmartLink is obviously a capable tool, you may wonder if it's worth upgrading from your current system. Technology is always evolving, and water conservation is no exception. The SmartLink system provides many new options that other systems don't offer. If you're deciding whether you should make the switch, consider these benefits.
- Substantial water savings: Auto-adjust features allow you to save an average of 38% on water usage. For some companies, savings is over 50%. Additional water conservation occurs with the ability to monitor your system in real-time and shut off the system immediately in the event of an emergency.
- Healthier landscape: With the ability to control your irrigation system, overwater and underwatering become concerns of the past. This leads to less plant loss and healthier, more vibrant plants, trees, shrubs, and grass.
- Remote web-based control: Control over your system doesn't mean you have to be on site. In fact, you don't even have to be in the same state. You can review information, make programming changes, manage flow, and receive email alerts when you're away.
- Immediate compliance: Web-based programming allows you quick access to programming features to avoid costly fines for non-compliance with water conservation laws.
- Flow sensing: Real-time water use reporting and virtual flow reporting allow you to see when changes are needed. Flow thresholds allow you to set limits. When these thresholds are crossed, you receive an email alert and the mainline or zone automatically shuts down.
- Improved landscape appearance: Overwatering is a common problem with systems that don't have the capability to make weather-based changes. Continued overwatering damages grass and plants, actually making your landscape look worse. SmartLink provides the exact amount of water you need to promote healthy growth of grass and plants.
- Freeze prevention: The on-site weather station automatically prevents watering during freezes to avoid plant damage.
- Reduced hardscape damage: Water overflow quickly damages asphalt and parking lots that surround your business. Not to mention the obvious signs you send to your customers about your lack of commitment to the environment. Your concrete and asphalt will last longer by being able to control water usage.
- Real-time reporting: Real-time reports allow for automatic weather-based changes, allow you to manually operate zones, and identify and repair zone-specific problems.
Conventional Sprinkler Timer
- Loses time, programming, and landscape
- Non-compliant with watering day restrictions = frequent repair trips and costly fines. Non-compliant and illegal to install in many areas
- Low efficiency = over watering to limit landscape loss due to weather changes
- No remote access for urgent programming changes
- No remote monitoring or reporting
- Limited and commonly expired equipment warranty only covers manufacturers defects
- Retains time, date, and program. No battery is required for ordinance compliance
- Complies with watering day restrictions and special event programming, using web-based control. Increasingly required in new building codes.
- High efficiency = Automatically adjusted watering times based on weather to save 20 - 60%
- Remote access for rain/freeze events, allows shutdown and instant off capability to limit liabilities
- Fault monitoring and reporting of water savings
- Lifetime of service equipment warranty includes coverage for lightning, theft, and physical damage
Beautiful, Sustainable Commercial Landscapes with CoCal’s Irrigation Management
At CoCal, it's our mission to leave the environment in better shape than we inherited it. That's why water conservation and sustainability is built into every project we take on. From design and installation to continued maintenance and quality products, sustainability is at the forefront of each job pursued by the Denver, Colorado CoCal team.
As Colorado natives, we have a clear understanding of the local climate and the need for water conservation. For nearly three decades, we've been providing commercial landowners and property managers with the most up-to-date quality products that supply consistently beautiful landscapes while remaining mindful of our local environmental needs. As leaders in the industry, we're committed to passing the very best quality down to our customers. We receive continuing education on the latest state-of-the-art landscaping tools and technology so we can supply our customers with the same knowledge, allowing them to save thousands of gallons of water each year.
Investing in new technology helps us complete our goals to help make local businesses more beautiful and sustainable than ever before. You don't have to sacrifice curb appeal to reduce water waste and shrink your company's carbon footprint. In fact, sustainable landscapes are even more attractive because the soil is healthy and the grounds aren't susceptible to overwatering.
CoCal Landscape is a full-service Denver, CO commercial landscaping company that provides a complete range of services for commercial landowners and property managers in Boulder and the surrounding front range counties. For more information about sustainable landscapes and the Weathermatic SmartLink system, get in touch with the commercial landscape experts at CoCal today. We've been providing five-star commercial landscaping services to businesses for over twenty-five years, and we're eager to help you conserve water and save money while transforming your commercial landscape with our new irrigation management services.
A Colorado Minority-Owned Business
On September 27, 2021, CoCal Landscape was awarded certification as a Minority-owned Business Enterprise by The Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council (MPMSDC). This certification acknowledges that CoCal is at least 51% minority-owned, managed, and controlled.
Company co-founder and president, Jesus (Chuy) Medrano was born in Chihuahua, Mexico. His early experiences as a businessman in Denver, Colorado made him acutely aware of the challenges faced by minority-owned businesses. Chuy grew up farming in Mexico, and naturally transitioned to landscaping when he moved to Colorado in the 1970s.
We Are Hiring Landscape Contractors