The CoCal Landscape Internship Program Available in Denver, Colorado
Do you have a green thumb or want a career that allows you to enjoy the outdoor environment? You might have a bright future ahead of you in landscaping. While you might picture the role of a landscaper as someone who shows up once a week to cut the grass, there is so much more to this career. If you aren't ready to commit to taking a full-time job in landscaping, you might consider a landscape internship to learn some of the basics before making a decision.
CoCal Landscape is a locally-owned landscaping company in the Denver, Colorado area that takes pride in offering outstanding services to its commercial clients. We work closely with our clients to ensure their landscape benefits their business. Our client base includes retail centers, multi-family properties, municipalities, healthcare facilities, metropolitan districts, corporate campuses, and homeowner associations. We offer a landscape internship program to help people with an interest in landscaping learn some of the basics and determine if landscaping is a good career fit.
Reasons to Choose CoCal Landscape Internship Program
At CoCal Landscape, we love the work that we do and enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. We created an internship to help guide you down a pathway into the green industry that shows you real-life experiences to build upon your education and passion. Here are a few reasons while you should consider applying for our landscape internship program.
Benefits Both You and Our Company
You may have heard horror stories from other interns who spent their days getting coffee, running errands, and stapling pages together. At CoCal Landscape, we designed our landscape internship program to benefit everyone. You will spend your time interning with our company taking on real responsibilities and learning new skills.
We make sure that you do real meaningful work for us, our clients, and yourself. We want you to gain a working knowledge of landscaping and exactly what the career involves before your internship ends. The only way to do that is with hands-on work that is meaningful to your education in the field.
We Welcome All Levels of Education and Walks of Life
If you're a high school student, you might think that you're too young to join our landscape internship program. However, we've established our program to look at each individual and not just their age and education. We accept interns in high school, college, and beyond.
We understand that your schoolwork comes first and will coordinate with you to create a schedule. You can attend your classes and work with us as an intern at the same time. We want people of all ages and education levels to have the chance to explore the green industry and the joy that comes with it.
Mentors and Evaluation
As part of our internship program, we believe it's essential that you pair with a mentor who can help gain knowledge about the green industry. We want this to be someone in our organization that you feel comfortable with and turn to with questions and concerns. It's essential to have an excellent level of trust with your mentor so you can grow more confident in understanding the skills and requirements of the green industry.
After joining our internship program you will be paired with a mentor/shadow from our team. We can promise you that you will not spend all of your time reading manuals in the office, you will experience all aspects of the green industry and work on a variety of projects. You will be involved with projects from start to finish, and we will help you understand why you do your job not just how to do your job. During your time with us, you will have regular 5/15 evaluation meetings with your mentor, these are meetings where you spend five minutes answering questions and then you will spend 15 minutes discussing. This helps us all get an understanding of where you are at in your journey in the green industry. Our goal is for you to have a clear picture of all of the duties you might perform as a full-time green industry leader.
At CoCal Landscape, we aren't looking for a little unpaid labor or someone looking to pad their resume. It's our goal to identify people who have a keen interest in the field and help promote that interest. Our landscape internship program is one of the first steps in building your career in the green industry.
Variety of Jobs
With our landscape internship program, you can try your hand at a variety of jobs. You won't always be pushing a lawnmower or planting flowers. Some careers to delve into include:
- Account managers - Must have the skills for selling and working directly with customers. It's their job to find clients, sign them up for services, and maintain the accounts.
- Business developers - These specialists enjoy looking at all aspects of the business and find new ways to help it grow.
- Designers and estimators - You must have creative skills and the ability to take someone else's ideas and create a plan to recreate it in their outdoor space. You must also enjoy working with numbers.
- Customer service teams - You need to be a good listener and work well with strangers. You need to be a creative problem solver and detail orientated.
- Operation managers - You'll need the skills to adhere to a strict schedule and work well with others. You'll need to understand the jobs of other employees and help them perform more efficiently.
- Foreman and laborers - Skills needed include working well with your hands, following directions, and working without constant supervision.
- Installation and renovation staff - You need to be mechanically inclined, work well with your hands, and operate as part of a team.
- Mechanics- you will gain a great understanding of small engines and fleet maintenance
- Administrative - this is how we run a business. It is not just about mowing the lawn and installing trees. We have a full staff in the following areas, HR, AP and AR, accounting, and marketing.
Our Service Area
Our landscape internship program will take you to a variety of local towns and cities in Colorado. CoCal Landscape's service area includes:
- Metro Denver area
- Front Range of Colorado
- Ft. Collins to Colorado Springs
- and more areas all up and down the Front Range
Commercial Landscaping Services Offered in Denver, Colorado
We strive to provide all the services that our commercial clients need, including:
- Lawn care
- Commercial landscaping design and installation
- Irrigation and water management through our WaterRight Department
- Tree care services
- Sustainable practices such as xeriscaping and landscaping with native plant varieties
- Hardscaping and outdoor living space installation
- Asphalt repair
- Snow removal and ice services
- Landscape lighting and holiday light installation
If you're interested in learning more about our landscape internship program, we want to talk to you. We can provide you with all the necessary details and help you get started in the application process. Contact us today to learn more.
We Are Hiring Landscape Contractors